HA2 Task 5 Review

With this project, i think i managed my time correctly and effectively to achieve the final outcome of my E-sting. I also think i followed my schedule on time and stuck to my original idea to finish on time.
My production log explains what task i did to get further to completing the E-sting and at what date. First of all i created a mind map of ideas that i knew weren't already out there due to researching previous E-stings and put them together with the general idea and a small un-detailed picture of my interpretation of that idea. I then chose an idea which was the skeleton with the E4 logo being the beating heart. I then created storyboards of my idea and came up with timing for the movements within the sequence. I then scanned the mind map into a computer so i could have my ideas on screen next to me while i researched templates for my chosen idea. I found templates online of a skeleton that i felt was right for my idea then saved the image and uploaded it to Adobe Illustrator and completed a pen portrait of the skeleton to make it slightly cartoon to match the E4 logo. I found this easy to do as i had completed a pen portrait before and therefore knew what i was doing, but it took a little bit of time with the colouring stage as i had to remember the specific numbers of the colours for each part of the skeleton. 
With my version of the skeleton, i saved the skeleton's rib in separate sections due to the E4 heart eventually breaking out of the rib, this made it easier to edit in Adobe After Effects when all the pieces were together. I then put everything into Adobe After Effects and edited the sequence to fit together such as timing the heart beating and the hand covering the chest and the heart eventually exploding out of the chest. I found this part of the whole process a bit harder than other things, but overcame it with help from the teacher and a bit more understanding of the programme. I then downloaded an E4 sting soundtrack from the E4 website that i felt was right to match the E sting and edited it to attach to the sequence. I then exported the sequence so it became an actual video and uploaded it to my YouTube channel then embed it into my blog.
Overall, i think my time was managed well and efficiently as i got it done on time and stuck to my production log and my schedule. I liked doing this project but wouldn't do it again as i thought i didn't do my best in production. I feel like i could've spent more time on the production to make the movements look better and not stiff. It also took me a while to get use to AfterEffects as its not my best programme to use as i don't use it often as i should.